Mr. Roach has served in multiple judicial and administrative positions in his career including as City Law Director for the City of Knoxville from 1976 to 1983, Special General Sessions Judge from 1974 to 1975, and Hearing Officer for the City of Knoxville Civil Service Merit Board from 2003 to the present.
Mr. Roach devotes 75% of his practice to litigation. He has argued numerous cases at all levels of court proceedings from trial to the Tennessee Supreme Court.
He is certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by both the National Board of Trial Advocacy and the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.
Mr. Roach is also an Approved Rule 31 Certified Mediator with the Tennessee Supreme Court.
Awards + Recognitions
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- J.D., University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, TN, 1969
- B.S., University of Tennessee, Business Administration, Knoxville, TN, 1967
- Tennessee, 1970
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee, 1970
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, 1993
- United States Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit, 1981
- United States Tax Court, 1970
- United States Court of Federal Claims, 1970
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 1983
- Supreme Court of the United States, 1973